Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time for a Change

I just woke up from a long night's sleep.  I groggily made a pot of coffee and poured myself a bowl of raisin bran.  I woke up starving so I was really looking forward to this.  To my surprise, there were 3 raisins in my bowl of Kellogg's Raisin Bran.  3!  What the fuck?  Speaking of disappointments, Toronto Raptors GM Brian Colangelo hired a new coach yesterday.  Dwane Casey, assistant coach of the NBA champion Dallas Mavericks.  Casey, a man with a career head coaching winning percent of a whopping .434%.  Now, I'll give you that the guy was in Minnesota, and the T-Wolves have been terrible since the dawn of time but, there were more experienced coaches available with higher winning percentages.

The Toronto Raptors have been a bad basketball team under the watchful eye of Mr. Colangelo.  And every summer he comes out selling fans on patience, telling them that it takes time to build a championship team.  How the fuck would he know what it takes to build a championship team?  Has he built one?  No!  Sure, he took a good team and added Steve Nash to it and won a bunch of regular season games, which eventually earned Nash back to back mvp seasons, but no championship.

Then he comes to Toronto and ends up with the 1st overall pick in the draft, and who does he take?  Andrea Bargnani the 7ft player who refuses to play the game in the paint where he should.  He's a terrible basketball player and should likely consider taking up volleyball. 

So what is it about Colangelo that the executives at MLSE see that I don't?  Do they see some championship rings that I don't?  Do they even care about the basketball product at all?  They went for so very long not giving a shit about the leafs and letting that organization run into the tank.  But that’s the Leafs.  They could lose every game and still sell-out every game.  Raptors fans are sick of the losing, and the attendance decline last season reflected that directly. 

So I think we should fire Colangelo before he lets our best player go to Miami and get absolutely nothing in return.

But what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment